For my best piece of writing, I choose my memoir-The Farm. I think that it has all the elements of a good writing piece.
I choose this piece because I think I incorporated all that I could into it. I made sure I had good details, I kept a good order and structure to it and also tried different styles to help understand it better for the reader. I made sure that my details were very fine and had a good description to visualize to. I also tried to use different sentence structures like simple sentences and compound-complex sentences too. It was a different experience and it helped to make me a better writer and also for the reader to understand and learn.
When I first started writing this piece, I wanted to write something that had happened to me and was very personal to me. I had always loved that big pine tree and the picture that I had in my pocket that I was talking about in the story really was one of my favorite pictures because it had a lot of memories behind it. I wanted the reader to understand that I had gone through some hard times and that I could always find the courage to overcome them. I just had to stay strong.
When I first started writing, I started out by describing the old pine tree that used to be my favorite place on the farm. I wrote about me climbing up in the tree and finding the best spot to sit out and look at the farm.
I had a long time to think about putting my picture into my story though. I wanted to put in the part about the picture I had but I didn't know exactly how to put it in the story. I started thinking about how I always used to put gloves in my pockets because it was cold so I decided to write that I had put the picture in my pocket.
For the ending, I decided to talk about my struggles and how I had the courage to get through it and be strong. I wanted to have the reader see this and be inspired and go out and be ready for the world and know how to take it head on.
My overall view on this piece is good and I think I did a very good job on it. I expressed what I wanted to say and hopefully inspired other people with this piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment