He still had that distinct aura he had had for all his years he had been in my life. Sort of calming in a way. He smelled of a very classic fragrance and just a tiny hint of nursing home. As he leaned over to murmur in my ear "We're going fishing tomorrow", I could see his somber age spots that looked like natural freckles now and the hints of crows feet around his eyes glistening blue eyes. As he stood from his crouched position next to me, I thought I heard the faint sound of crackling in his pocket. I looked up at him and he look back down at me with his shining movie-star smile as he reached into his pocket to reveal a small stash of caramels in his weathered hand. As he lowered back down to my level, he picked me up and offered me one of his delicious delicacies. I quickly thanked him as I ripped that clear layer of plastic off to smell that buttery sweet candy.
I tried to have as much detail as I could to help create an image in your mind as you read this piece. I thought of descriptive words that would help to made you see him in this scene.
ReplyDelete