I tried many different styles for my writing pieces. I put different types of sentences into my papers along with other things as well such as complex sentences and complex-compound sentences.
Examples--
Simple: This simple picture brought back memories that I had forgotten about until just now.
Compound: Swinging my legs closer and closer to the trunk, I found a foot-hold - a perfect little pocket in the trunk of the tree.
Complex: Pulling it out of my pocket, I realized what it was - a picture.
Compound-complex: Reaching out for the next branch, I spotted the perfect branch. I started toward that golden branch, extending my arm as far as my muscles could reach, straining.
Examples--
Simple: This simple picture brought back memories that I had forgotten about until just now.
Compound: Swinging my legs closer and closer to the trunk, I found a foot-hold - a perfect little pocket in the trunk of the tree.
Complex: Pulling it out of my pocket, I realized what it was - a picture.
Compound-complex: Reaching out for the next branch, I spotted the perfect branch. I started toward that golden branch, extending my arm as far as my muscles could reach, straining.
I tried these different kinds of sentences because it gives the reader more information and helps my pieces sound better and flow easier.
ReplyDelete